Now celebrating their 17th year, the company formerly known as Innogy have, via a series of takeovers, become a member of the UK’s ‘Big Six’ energy suppliers with over 3.1 million customers relying on them for energy every day. In 2002, Npower were bought out by RWE of Germany, who named the business RWE Npower and spun off the renewable energy generation, network and retail divisions as Innogy SE in 2016.
Today, we’ll be addressing three of the big things Npower customers want to do; give their meter readings, find out their payment options or alert Npower they’re moving house.
How to Give your Npower Meter Reading
If you’re a Npower gas or electricity customer who doesn’t have a smart meter installed in their home, you’ll be asked from time to time to provide a meter reading. There are multiple ways to do this:
- Online, by logging in to My Npower or by submitting your meter readings with your account number.
- Via the mobile app, available for both Android and iOS.
- Over the phone via their automated meter reading lines. Call 0800 073 3000 or 0330 100 3000 and have your account number to hand.
Npower Payment Methods
Npower make it as easy as possible to pay your energy bill. Here are the ways you can settle your bill:
- By Direct Debit – Everything is handled automatically, coming out of your bank account on a set date every month or quarterly. Direct Debits can be set up here.
- Using a debit or credit card – Make a payment directly with your debit or credit card, either online or by calling the automated payment line on 0800 073 3000.
- By post – You can pay via cheque through the post. Make your cheque payable to ‘npower’ and enclose your payment slip. Write your account number on the back of the cheque and be aware that Npower don’t accept post-dated cheques. Send to:npower
Payment Processing Centre
PO Box 203
Leeds LS14 3WE
- Over online or telephone banking – To make a payment this way, quote the sort code 62-30-09 and the account number 00000000, alongside your customer account number. Your bank may charge you for this service.
- At the bank – Fill in the payment slip on your bill or reminder letter and take it to any bank.
- At the Post Office – You can pay by cash or cheque at the Post Office. Take your bill or payment card with you and make any cheque payable to Post Office Ltd.
- At a Payzone or PayPoint agent – Take your bill to any Payzone or PayPoint agent.
Moving Home with Npower
To inform Npower about moving home, simply log on to My Npower and follow the steps. Alternatively, call the Npower contact number and speak to a member of their team.