When it comes to energy providers in the UK, you have a number of different options to choose from. Let’s take a look at First Utility, the largest independent energy supplier in the UK.
Call First Utility customer service on 0843 770 5059
If you landed on this article and you wish to contact first Utility, you can use the number above.
Additional First Utility guides written by us
- What can I do in my First Utility My Account?
- How to make a complaint with First Utility
- How do I know if I am on the right First Utility tariff?
- First Utility’s price promise: Should you contact First Utility?
About First Utility
First Utility is the UK’s largest independent supplier of energy.
Fist Utility is based in Warwick, England, and it is the seventh largest provider of gas and electric in the United Kingdom.
Being smaller than some of the other energy providers in the UK, First Utility has been able to focus more on the technology behind the energy industry than other companies.
As a result, First Utility has emerged as a leader of new technology. A case in point is smart meters, like the one image above.
A Brief History of First Utility
Unlike the majority of energy providers in the UK, First Utility does not have an extended history dating back at least a century. Instead, it is a very recent creation having come into existence in 2008. Co-founders Mark Daeche, Marcus Citron, and Darren Braham created First Utility as a spin-out from First Telecom. From that point on, the company has continued to grow in the UK, providing an ever-wider range of service for domestic and business energy customers.
In 2015, there has been talk about First Telecom releasing an initial public offering.
In addition, First Telecom is looking into funders for future foreign expansion into new markets. At all points during their existence, First Utility has marketed itself as a smarter, cheaper, and more transparent alternative to energy.
Some Facts Regarding First Utility
1. First Utility was the first company in the UK to offer smart metered services to residential customers. This gave the company experience with rolling out smart meter technology, making it a leader with this particular technology in the UK.
2. First Utility is the primary sponsor for the Rugby Super League in the UK. They have signed a deal to be the primary sponsor for three years, spanning from 2014 to 2017.
3. First Utility is UK’s largest independent home energy supplier.
4. Unlike the Big 6 energy providers, First Utility does not actually produce any of its electricity. Instead, it purchases its electricity from international markets. As a result, First Utility works with Shell to provide a stable and continuous supply of energy.
First Utility history with advertisements
How to contact First Utility
First Utility contact number – 0843 770 5059.
Write to First Utility:
PO Box 4360
Get in touch on social media: