Citizens Advice Contact Number

Citizens Advice Contact Number – 03454 04 05 06

Citizens Advice Contact Number
Citizens Advice
 Number – 03454 04 05 06

If you’re looking to lodge a complaint about your energy supplier or supply, you need to get in touch with Citizens Advice on 03454 04 05 06 for immediate assistance. The Citizens Advice numbers on this page will patch you through to Citizens Advice, although you may be forwarded to a switchboard to help them direct your claim.

What is Citizens Advice?

Citizens Advice was launched in the 90s as a Government funded call centre, helping to provide basic consumer advice to citizens of the United Kingdom.

Originally designed to make basic information available to everybody, regardless of where they live or whether they had Internet access, the Citizens Advice line was a success. Simple complaints were dealt with directly, but more complex issues were forwarded on to the relevant organisation, which typically meant trading standards.

Over the course of its life, Citizens Advice would deal with ever increasing numbers of complaints about energy companies and a large part of its job would be to forward these to Ofgem.

Following the arrival to power of the Conservative and Lib Dem government, cost cutting measures were implemented across all sectors. A review into Government spending found that Citizens Advice was an unnecessary expense, and in March 2012 it ceased to operate, with its role being passed on to charity Citizens Advice.

Do Citizens Advice provide the same services?

If you haven’t called since the Citizens Advice days, you might be worried that the new organisation doesn’t provide the same level of advice that it previously did. Well, you needn’t worry about that, because Citizens Advice have picked up exactly where the former Government service have left off, meaning a complete and robust service for those of us looking for consumer advice.

Why should I contact Citizens Advice

There are countless reasons why you might need to get in touch with Citizens Advice on 03454 04 05 06, these could be:

Your energy company are threatening to cut off your supply
You are unable to pay your energy bill
Your energy supplier isn’t letting you switch
You need to know your basic rights with your energy supplier
Of course, there are many other services that Citizens Advice (now Citizens Advice) perform for the British population. Put simply, whatever your issue is, Citizens Advice are happy to either help you directly or point you in the right direction. Whether that’s your workers’ rights, benefits advice or housing and relationship advice, Citizens Advice/Citizens Advice are there to help.

What other ways are there to contact Citizens Advice?

Aside from our Citizens Advice contact number, you can get in touch with Citizens Advice (now known as Citizens Direct) for free through their web chat service. Alternatively, you can use an online form to contact them about your energy service, post or any other consumer issue you may have.

Citizens Advice do warn, however, that contact through these methods will take up to five working days to get a response. That’s a long time, and unless your issue isn’t pressing, we wouldn’t recommend getting in touch with them.

As always, the very fastest way to have your problem resolved is to speak with Citizens Advice on the phone. Doing so is simple, just pick up your phone and dial 08454 040506. From there, we’ll connect your directly to Citizens Advice.

Citizens Advice postal address:

Letters of complaint can be sent to Citizens Advice (formerly Consumer Direct), but only about energy or post problems.

The consumer service does not deal with letters about any other issues, making the telephone line a better bet. If you do need to send a letter, however, you can do so at the following address:

Citizens Advice consumer service;
Post Point 24;
Town Hall;
Walliscote Grove Road;
Weston super Mare;
North Somerset;
BS23 1UJ.

Copyright 2021 Calls cost 7p per minute plus your phone company's access charge. We are not affiliated with any company, brand, agency or individual listed on this website. Other websites: