ScottishPower Meter Readings – Payment Options – Moving Home
ScottishPower was founded in 1990 in preparation of the privatisation of the-then state owned Scottish electricity industry. Formed from the merger of the South of Scotland Electricity Board and the North of Scotland Hydro Board, ScottishPower later acquired MANWEB in 1995 before diversifying into the water supply business with the purchase of Southern Water. More mergers came before a takeover bid from Iberdrola was accepted for £11.6 billion and approved by shareholders at an EGM on the 30th of March, 2007.
Today, the company supply energy to more than 3.5 million people across the country, and that’s a lot of customers. But if you want to know how to submit your meter reading, how you can pay and how you alert ScottishPower you’re moving home, it’s not always as easy as you’d want it to be. In this guide, we’re going to explain each.
How to Send your ScottishPower Meter Reading
All ScottishPower customers without Smart Meters installed in their home must send their gas and electricity meter readings at regular intervals. Find your gas and electricity meters, take a note of the readings and submit via one of the following methods:
- Via the YourEnergy app
- Online, by logging in to your account at ScottishPower and selecting ‘Enter Meter Reading’
- On the phone, via their 24-hour automated meter reading service at 0800 027 8000
ScottishPower Payment Methods
ScottishPower have a number of payment methods available, they are:
- By Direct Debit – Everything is handled automatically, coming out of your bank account on a set date every month or quarterly. You can set up a direct debit over the phone or online, by logging in to your account
- Debit/Credit Card – To make a payment with your credit or debit card, use the YourEnergy App or log in to your account and select ‘Make a Payment’. Alternatively, you can make a direct bank payment to Scottish Power by sending them the full balance of your bill to S/C 83-07-06 A/N 00674713, along with your 11 digit account number as reference.
- Via internet banking – Make a transfer to ScottishPower by using your customer reference number as the reference and send the money to S/C 83-07-06 A/N 00674713
- By post – Send a cheque payable to ScottishPower with your reference number on the back, plus the payment slip attached to: ScottishPower Group, Payment Collection Centre, PO Box 4740, WORTHING, BN11 9LT
At a Post Office, bank or PayPoint outlet – Take your payment slip to a Post Office, bank or PayPoint outlet and make your payment.
Moving Home with ScottishPower
Moving home with ScottishPower couldn’t be easier. Simply call them in the 48 hours prior to your move to let them know the details of when you’re leaving, or go here and fill in the form provided.