How to Give your EDF Meter Reading
If you’re an EDF electricity of gas customer who doesn’t have a smart meter, you’ll be asked periodically to provide a meter reading, so EDF know how much to charge you. To make a meter reading, simply follow these steps and contact EDF:
- Find your gas and/or electricity meter and take down the number currently registering on the box and then either;
- Visit the EDF meter reading website here and input your household details and meter readings, or;
- Call EDF on 0843 770 5028. Calls cost 7p per minute and phone lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm and on Saturday 8am to 2pm.
With that, you should have given your meter reading. A finalised bill will be sent to your home within a week.
EDF Payment Methods
EDF offer a number of ways for you to pay your gas and electricity bills. It doesn’t matter whether you pay quarterly or monthly, these are the ways in which you can settle your EDF bills:
- By Direct Debit – To set up a directly debit, you can call EDF or set up a monthly direct debit online
- With a debit or credit card – Use your Visa, American Express, Mastercard, Maestro or Delta card to pay your bills. Do so by visiting the My Account section of EDF or calling EDF.
- Via internet banking – Use your internet or telephone banking to pay EDF. Quote the sort code 40-05-30 and bank account number 13845095 (these are different from those shown on the payment slip), and your EDF Energy account number when transferring money.
- At a Post Office – By taking your EDF bill to a post office, you’ll be able to pay by cash or cheque, as well as charge your electricity card, charge your gas card or use your EDF Energy Energycard
- At a Payzone/PayPoint – Taking your EDF bill into a Payzone/PayPoint means you can to pay by cash as well as charge your electricity card, charge your gas card or use your EDF Energy Energycard
- By post – Make any cheques, banker’s drafts, building society cheques or postal orders payable to EDF Energy Customers PLC and write your EDF Energy contract account number on the back and send to:
PO Box 140
Moving Home with EDF
To move your EDF account to a new property, you need to tell EDF as soon as possible. You can do so by calling EDF on 0843 770 5028. Calls cost 7p per minute and phone lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm and on Saturday 8am to 2pm.
Alternatively, you can fill out the moving home form on EDFs website. EDF will cut off your energy account on the day you move out, and will contact you within 72 hours of your move to set you up in your new property. Customers on a prepayment meter or moving in to a property with a prepayment meter will have to call EDF.